Friday 10 December 2010

Snowed in and typing

I really thought one of the upsides to being snowed in with a broken ankle would me that I could blog all daylong to you lovely people, however other than watching my cat try to climb up the curtains and not be able to do anything about it, there's very little to actually say. Certainly not on the Vintage side of things. Fairs have been cancelled and others have been sold on to some other great Yorkshire based vintage wonders such as the lovely (and terribly beautiful) Rebecca Downes see http://www.rebeccadownes.co.uk/


My wonderful friend Becca came to see me and supplied me with a bagfull of everything an ill person - hospitalised needs: new knickers, pjs, dry shampoo, toothbrush etc and filled me full of joy. She is landlady (I make good friends I know) of the extremely busy and successful Red Lion Pub on Merchantgate in York and will be hosting her first Ale festival this weekend - expect it to be even busier than normal! I was due to be throwing a Vintage Pop up Shop on Sunday afternoon/ evening and still have not found anyone to fill this space.. so if you or anyone you know may be interested it is free and has been heavily advertised. Get in touch with me tilleysvintage@hotmail.co.uk or Bec on 07761704263.


The Red Lion


The room available for Sunday's Vintage Pop up Shop!

Bec and I being serving wench and land lady extraordinaire


Apart from going stir crazy sitting in the same room all day long I am doing loads of great stuff... brought all the Christmas presents from some super sites www.anthropologie.com and http://www.bodieandfou.com/ as well as a stunner from The French House http://www.thefrenchhouse.net/. I've caught up on all my emails, watched a tonne of 4OD - Misfits is awesome, and a currently making Christmas cards to be posted with the royal mail smilers that I designed yesterday : )







Tilley x

No comments: